As a marketer or a business owner, two things constantly nag your mind “How to get more visitors” and “Does the traffic gets converted to a sale”. The big answer to this question is there is no single way or a magic formula to generate traffic. It is a combination of marketing, social media and SEO strategies that will drive in more traffic leading to better sales, in turn, helping you to grow.
Website traffic is both an important indicator and driver of business growth. It can help you to know how well your marketing strategies are working; gather more insights as to what your customer actually wants, generate more leads, and increase conversions thus boosting sales. Understand that you are not trying to attract all internet users. Your goal is to target the right audience who will visit your site and we are here to give you simple ways to increase the amount of traffic to your site.
1) Perform On-Page SEO: It’s done to increase the rank of your websites in search engines driving in more traffic. This includes good quality content like concise Meta descriptions, title tags, and descriptions for your pages. The Meta data appears below your URL in the search results which tells what the page is all about, resulting in a click from the user if he finds it useful.
2) Get listed on online directories and review sites: This is a sure shot way to increase traffic to your site. Your profile on the directory or review site will link back to your main site which results in driving in more website traffic and conversions.
3) Post on social media with hashtags: They help promote blog posts and other useful content on the website. This way you can get many social media followers to your site as well as users in your follower’s networks as well to share your content. Hashtags can extend your reach beyond the network and get discovered by new users who are searching for your services or products.
4) Using creative landing pages: you can create landing pages that are specific to the offer that you are giving, or for redeeming discount codes, downloading the free guide or starting a free trial. Landing pages will help to create another source of traffic to your website and it contains all the details that the user needs in order to move forward to convert.
5) Begin email marketing : Sending out regular newsletter and promotions through email is a great way to stay in touch with the customers and to drive more traffic to your website. You can provide useful info and links to the pages of your website where your customers can learn more with the help of blog posts and offer landing pages. Just make sure that you do not bombard readers with too many emails and sound desperate because most of your customers will disengage with, delete or unsubscribe. Also be very careful into what you put in your email subject lines as it heavily influences the user to open or not open your email. If the emails are not opened, you stand to lose traffic.
6) Make sure you advertise online: This is perhaps the best and the most effective way to get more people to visit the site. Social media, paid searches and display advertising are excellent channels for PPC advertising to boost traffic.
7) Learn from analytics: There are many tools which are free and paid to regularly check your website analytics. This enables you to identify which strategies work and which does not help you to improve.
In conclusion, all of the above-mentioned points are some of the best practices for getting your website doing well in Google, see high-quality relevant traffic and see your business grow big. We at Benfy, a Digital Advertising Company in Chennai offer world-class services to clients across various sectors and verticals.